H1N1 Vaccination Site

The Granville Neighborhood Health Center was chosen by the Southeast Regional Office State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services to provide an H1N1 vaccination site. Patients from age one year to 90 years old received either the nasal mist vaccine or the injectable vaccine on Saturday,?February 13. Many of those receiving vaccine were new to the center, having heard about the service through a mass media campaign, coordinated by Mosaic Media, volunteering their services for the Health Division’s special outreach effort. This included television news coverage, guest spokesperson Dr. Janie Washington, presentations at Risen Savior Lutheran Church, and flyers distributed through the community.

Both?WISN 12 and Fox 6 News spent the morning at the center interviewing volunteers and patients.

This entry was posted in Outreach by Rebekah Carey. Bookmark the permalink.

About Rebekah Carey

I came to WLC in July 2007 to develop the new BSN program. My years of nursing have been filled with great experiences in labor and delivery, women's health, and serving at the Lutheran medical mission in Zambia. I have taught at Viterbo University and Trinity Christian College. Education: BSN from UW-Oshkosh, MSN from University of San Diego, Nurse Practitioner certificate from University of Illinois-Chicago. A PhD from Marquette University should be completed by 2011. My son Jess is a mechanical engineer for a racing team in Indianpolis, soon to marry Colleen in October 2008. My daughter Rachel is an exercise specialist, married to Jason, expecting her first child in October 2008. I have a delightful, energetic border collie, Chuka (which means "sugar" in Tonga.) Gardening keeps me well-grounded during the summer. Knitting keeps me cozy all winter!