Wisconsin Lutheran Choir Blog

How Can I Keep from Singing?

2014 Great Lakes Concert Tour | 24 Mar 2014

The Ides of March

Zehnders

Kimberly and Olivia enjoy lunch “just like ma makes”

So with today being The Ides of March, it was a?guaranteed sign?that something interesting would happen; and indeed it did. After another wonderful night with our host families, we gathered into our buses and headed back to Frankenmuth for a chance to explore both downtown and Bronner’s CHRISTtmas Wonderland for some last-minute shopping.

Frankenmuth was one of Michigan?s #1 tourist stops, and they certainly made an impact with their German decor. While going through the stores they had everything from German hats to live accordion music playing in the restaurants. Everyone was extremely friendly, and the food at our lunch stop was ?Just like ma used to make.? Walking around was pleasant due to the warm sun and non-frigid temperatures.

Frank 1

Christmas greetings from Bronner’s!

After our afternoon excursion, we drove a three-hour ride to St. Paul’s?Lutheran Church in?Stevensville to perform our last concert of the tour. For a handful of seniors, this was their last time to sing the ?Thank You Song” after eating a church-provided meal, their last ?Abide With Me? away from the Wisconsin Lutheran College campus, and the last time that they would stay with a host family.

I know that as we head back to campus tomorrow everyone will be reflecting on the memories and connections made on this tour; but I?m glad we are not done yet [the tour home concert was yet to come as of this writing]. It will be nice to make music with this group of people a few more times before we go our separate ways; and as we all continue on in our personal endeavors, I am reminded of what we sang in The Music of Living:

I want to move in rhythm with your plan.? Help me to follow your leading. To risk even falling, to rise and keep trying. For You are leading the dance.God has richly blessed this musical family with safe travels and memories we will cherish; but none of this could have been possible without the guidance of Dr. Nowack and his wife Dorothy (a.k.a. Mom). We are thankful for them each and every day in helping carry out the choir?s mission to glorify God through the music we have been graced to hear.

Oh, that the Lord would guide my ways
To keep His statutes still!
Oh, that my God would grant me grace
To know and do His will!

?Kimberly

One Response to “The Ides of March”

1. on 28 May 2014 at 10:42 pm 1.nick dicky said …

hi m title is stacey i am a well being skilled. i can assist you with any health issue please permit me know many thanks