Wisconsin Lutheran Choir Blog

How Can I Keep from Singing?

2014 Great Lakes Concert Tour &General | 11 Mar 2014

Becoming a Morning Person

Lydia and LeslieI?ve never been a morning person, so our 7:30 a.m. bus pick-up time from our hotel in Escanaba, Michigan, didn?t exactly appeal to me. In fact, it?s 11:58 a.m. and I still can?t say that I?m completely awake. Movies on the bus, endless lines of trees, and a full stomach from lunch make my eyes feel heavy as we complete the five-hour trek from Escanaba to Frankenmuth, where we?ll be sharing the Word through song tonight.

Even though I?m not a morning person, God is. As Lamentations 3:22-23 says, ?Because of the Lord?s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.? Maybe instead of focusing on my inability to function in the morning, I could appreciate the fact that I woke up in a hotel room sponsored by Salem Lutheran?s congregation members. I?ve only been awake for five hours, and already I?ve had the opportunity to see a beautiful sunrise?over Lake Michigan, cross the Mackinac Bridge, and take part in an impromptu performance of ?Abide With Me? at our lunchtime restaurant. As our entire group attempted a jumping photo op in front of the Mackinac Bridge, I realized just how blessed I am to have such a fantastic family of believers around me, all striving towards a common goal (even if, at the moment, it was to coordinate a leap on three).

It hard to believe that it?s already the third day of tour – the days have flown by as we make our way to Canada. The Lord has blessed us in so many ways thus far (even in the mornings when some of us might not deserve it), and I can?t wait to see what else He has in store for our choir family.

Lydia