Wisconsin Lutheran Choir Blog

How Can I Keep from Singing?

Christmas Festival Concerts | 03 Dec 2013

Alleluia!

Dan and Friends

Thankful for family, friends, and the message of the Christmas season!

At this time of the semester, things can get pretty hectic. Projects, papers, rehearsals, juries? It is easy to get caught up in the stress of it all. Procrastination is my middle name, so it sure can be a struggle to finish projects! I see everyone else stressing out during these final two weeks of school as well. Thanksgiving was just this past weekend. It was a great reminder amidst the chaos of the end of the semester of what we can truly be thankful for?family, friends, and the love of God.

Going to choir rehearsal also puts life into perspective. Today, as we were singing Eric Whitacre?s Alleluia, I thought, ?The only word we are singing is ?Alleluia,? so what are we actually saying? ?Praise to the Lord??why should we praise the Lord? Think of all the blessings he has given us?family, friends, and of course the message this Christmas season, he has sent his one and only Son to die for our sins! Praise the Lord! Incorporating these thoughts and feelings truly brings a new meaning to the song.

My prayer is that all those who are feeling the stress of this time of year can step back and see all of the blessings God has given them and say, ?Alleluia!?

Dan