Wisconsin Lutheran Choir Blog

How Can I Keep from Singing?

Quinten

2012 Southeastern Tour &Concerts &General | 16 Mar 2012

Back in the groove… for now

Written on the motorcoach Thursday afternoon….

After a wonderful free day spent in the Orlando area, the members of the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir are ready for another concert experience. Tonight we perform at Victory Lutheran in Jacksonville.

The concerts have been going splendidly and tour has been flying by. The hardest thing to realize is how quickly the last concert is approaching. It seems like just yesterday that we were pulling away from WLC. In only three days, we will be back on campus. As a senior, this makes the end of tour especially difficult to accept. With only a few concerts left, I know that my chances to sing with this ensemble are numbered.

Having only a few performances left on tour, I pray that the rest of the choir will realize how truly blessed we are to have this opportunity. This choir is the single greatest opportunity I have had in college. The unity that this ensemble experiences cannot be described in a simple blog entry; it must be felt as a member or audience participant.

Quinten

My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul. Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn
- Psalm 108:1-2