Wisconsin Lutheran Choir Blog

How Can I Keep from Singing?

Courtney

Uncategorized | 14 Feb 2012

Music with a Message

Welcome to new choir blogger Courtney!

Hey Fellow Choir Music Lovers!

Can I just say that there is absolutely nothing like spreading God’s word through music? I grew up in the public schools similar to a handful of my friends in the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir. I spent my grade school and high school years singing pieces of music that I cannot deny were wonderful and occasionally contained a Christian message, but they lacked meaning to those singing them. I think many would agree that music is beautiful no matter what, but its beauty is enhanced when the people performing it mean what they say. I can honestly say that I have never felt anything quite like performing in the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir. Each and every member of the choir sings to glorify God and to spread his word.

This past Christmas concert, tears spilled down my cheeks as I could feel God’s presence during our last song of the concert. All I could think about was how thankful I was to God for giving me the chance to sing to his glory in such an incredible choir, with so many students my age who felt the same way. Music is such a blessing and using it to spread the word of God makes it all the more incredible.

The students in the Wisconsin Lutheran choir are so passionate about music that it becomes such a priority in all of our lives. Practice is never considered just a class. It is a time to take a break during the day to do what we all love together. I know we are all looking forward to our tour down south during spring break in March. I spent my birthday last year on tour and it was the best birthday I have ever had. I love getting to know the host families and hearing how much they appreciate what we do because the glory all goes to God. Without him, this choir would have no meaning. He is the center of all that we do and with the guidance of an incredible director, we have all been blessed to do God’s work in so many amazing places.

Glory be to God!

Courtney