Wisconsin Lutheran Choir Blog

How Can I Keep from Singing?

Aaron

Uncategorized | 29 Jan 2010

From the desk of the Choir President

Welcome, everyone, to the blog of the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir. We had an excellent start to our choral year, and we are so thankful to everyone who supported us in 2009! Our choir could not exist without your support and generosity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

With a new year brings a new selection of songs as well as new concerts and a weeklong tour! The choir did not skip a beat as we dove right into our new selections. Look forward to an exciting set this time around as we mournfully interpret Stroope’s Lamentations of Jeremiah, explore the sensations of the night in Te Lucis Ante Terminum, and much more, as well as bring back some old favorites from the first semester. 

Perhaps I am getting a bit ahead of myself though, as you may not know who I am. My name is Aaron Frigge, and I am a senior communicative arts major here at WLC, scheduled to graduate this upcoming May. I have been blessed with the privilege of serving the choir as its president this year. It has been an incredible opportunity to take on the title of choir president, and I have enjoyed representing such a wonderful institution. I also have the privilege to serve on the executive board of our college’s event planning committee, WEB (Warrior Events Board). Overall, I have been extremely blessed to partake in all aspects of Wisconsin Lutheran College, and I will dearly miss it when I am gone.

That’s about enough background information for now. Let’s head back to the choir. As I stated earlier, we are well on our way to mastering our new songs for our upcoming performances. There are two performances coming up. The first is in our chapel here at WLC, and it is on February 9 at 11:00 a.m. Our second performance is on Sunday February 14 at 2:00 p.m. at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Grafton, Wis. There you can hear a tour preview of all our sets. Hope we will see you there!

As a member of both the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir and Chamber Choir, I am very excited to start one last amazing semester of rehearsals, concerts and tours with all my choir friends. If you want to follow the choir, read its blogs from all our talented and informative writers, or just keep up with the concerts and events, we have an easy way for you to do just that. Become a fan of the choir on Facebook! All you need to do is visit www.facebook.com/WisconsinLutheranChoir and you will be automatically directed to our new Facebook fan page! There you will find a wealth of information concerning our performances and other news.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Thank you for supporting the choir. Thank you for…everything. I hope to see you at one of our concerts! Have a blessed week!

In Christ,

Aaron Frigge – Wisconsin Lutheran Choir President