Wisconsin Lutheran Choir Blog

How Can I Keep from Singing?

Josh

Uncategorized | 19 May 2009

Let’s Go to Luxembourg

Hello again blog readers! Today was another one of those long travel days. We said goodbye to Paris this morning and were on our way to Luxembourg. A seven-hour trip total, we stopped halfway in a smaller town called Verdun and ate lunch. I had a Croquet Missure which was like a grilled cheese sandwich with ham inside. In addition, I bought a baguette for only 80 cents! The weather outside today was the best yet!

Finally when arriving at Luxembourg, we first rehearsed in the church then we were told our living arrangements. Half of the group went to host families and the other half went to stay a chalet. There, we were cooked dinner by the mayor! Many delicious grill items were served and the remainder of the night was spent in fellowship. One quote to remember while in Luxembourg, “If a man wants to sing, sing with him. If a man wants to eat, eat with him. If a man wants to drink, drink with him. If a man wants to work, let him work.”

Once again it’s been my pleasure blogging with you. Talk to you in two days!

–Josh Edlund (Co-Wardrobe Manager)

4 Responses to “Let’s Go to Luxembourg”

1. on 20 May 2009 at 10:05 pm 1.The Edlund Family said …

Josh,

I think you knew that saying before you went to Luxembourg. : )

Love,
    Dad

P.S. Kris Allen won Idol over Adam Lambert. We’re still Danny Gokey fans. It was an awesome final show. It was almost as good as a WLC choir concert.

2. on 21 May 2009 at 9:51 am 2.Marcel Schmit said …

I am an citizen of Schieren ( Luxembourg) and i visited your concert yesterday evening at the local church. It was a fabulous performance and i wish to the WLC great success for the rest of your concerts in Europe.

3. on 21 May 2009 at 3:04 pm 3.Mark Schroeder said …

“If a man wants to work, let him work”

Okay (we’ll go ahead and make this happen, in your case).

We’ll be glad to have you working in IT this summer when you get back to WLC.

Enjoy all that you can while in Europe… and sing well!

4. on 21 May 2009 at 10:24 pm 4.Ann Thurber said …

I have loved reading the Blogs about your trip The pictures online are beautiful. It sure sounds like you all are having a good time and are enjoying the beauty God has provided for you. Thank you to all that have written the blogs and posted the pictures.
    May God Bless you as you finish up the trip.
    Thank you again I look forward to reading more and hope to see more pictures.