Wisconsin Lutheran Choir Blog

How Can I Keep from Singing?

Rachel

Europe | 16 May 2009

Finally in France

Hello WLC Choir friends!

We’ve reached the wonderful land of France and what an experience we’ve had so far. After leaving our hotel this morning, we explored Monet’s Gardens in Giverny. As we wondered around, I couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed at God’s wondrous creation. I’m so glad he created color!

Our next stop was a delightful little town called Vernon Where we were able to explore and local market, a well as eat some delectable French breads for lunch. Mine had bruschetta and ham in it and oh was it good! We ate our meal down by the Seine River.

Eiffel Town group

Finally, the moment we’d been waiting for arrived! We got to see Paris! After unloading our luggage at the hotel, we hustled back on the bus to be on time for our Eiffel Tower tour. There were so many people there! I think what surprised me most about the tower was its size. From far away, it appears tiny, but from underneath it is absolutely huge.

To all back home, we’re still having fun, please continue to keep us in your prayers. To our new friends, thank you for your kindness.

–Rachel

One Response to “Finally in France”

1. on 18 May 2009 at 9:01 am 1.Carrie Frigge said …

Thank you to everyone who has been sharing all the thoughts and experiences you’ve been having so far! I’ve been checking in every day and I love to hear about all you are doing! God’s blessings to you as you begin your second week of this wonderful trip! Keep the posts coming as you are able to! Oh by the way, Aaron, whose stuff is in the trunk of my car????