Adult and Graduate Studies Blog

Wisconsin Lutheran College

Follow us on Twitter: No public Twitter messages.

Facebook
RSS

Testimonial: Why I Chose WLC

Comments Off
Aug - 8 - 2013
AGS Staff

Written by: LaBella Hegwood, accelerated degree completion student

After receiving my associate degree from Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC), I knew that I wanted to further my education. I had a particular school in mind, but the cost would have strained my finances. Then, my associate dean at MATC told me about Wisconsin Lutheran College (WLC). Everything I was looking for was wrapped up in one package. It was affordable! I was excited to see that textbooks were included in the tuition price, without additional student fees.

Once I inquired about the accelerated degree completion program at Wisconsin Lutheran, I went from a prospect to a fully admitted student within two weeks. The process was extremely easy, unlike any other enrollment process I?ve seen. Nearly all of my prior college credits were accepted for transfer. I?m due to graduate within 20 months! It was refreshing to have an enrollment specialist there with me every step of the way.

One of my favorite things about the WLC?s program is its flexibility. If at any time I need to take classes online, I am capable of doing that. This is very important for me as a mom, full time employee, and a wife. The bachelor?s degree completion program is set up to provide adult students options and to ensure that no matter what life throws at you, the staff at Wisconsin Lutheran College will do whatever they can to help you succeed.

I can relate to the mission and foundation of Wisconsin Lutheran College. I think it?s beautiful and refreshing to attend a college that is willing to help adults get the education they’ve always wanted, while allowing it to be affordable. As a student, this confirms that Wisconsin Lutheran cares about their student?s needs, and as a Christian-based school, it highlights the true meaning of caring and giving to others.

Posted in: Degree Completion, Testimonial