Adult and Graduate Studies Blog

Wisconsin Lutheran College

Follow us on Twitter: No public Twitter messages.

Facebook
RSS

Shared by: Juwana Roberts

On March 2, 2012, I was able to do something that will forever be etched in my memory. I was able to walk the halls of WLC after being away for 20 years.  Even though WLC had changed physically since my time as a student living on campus, the spiritual connection was still there.  When I walked through those doors, I felt like I had come home.

I live in Louisiana and had to make the trip to Milwaukee to visit my dad. Visiting Wisconsin Lutheran College’s campus was on my to-do list. When I arrived, I was in awe. I stood and looked in amazement at how God has blessed this college, my college!!!

Online Students - Image

From left to right: Colleen, Juwana, and Diane

I was in the process of working on a video presentation with two of my online accelerated degree completion classmates, and I explained to them my need to travel to Milwaukee. My classmates suggested that we get together to work on the project. One drove from Illinois, and together we visited WLC. We then drove to our classmate’s house. It was an awesome experience to meet face-to-face with friends I had been interacting with by computer for the past nine months.

I will never forget the feeling of coming home, and the opportunity to work on a project, in person, with two wonderful classmates. In summary, my daughter said, “Mom your school is the greatest!” I have to say, I totally agree.

Posted in: Degree Completion, Online Programs